Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?


"...Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost."

Old King James Bible Acts 19:1 - 2


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

God's Love So Real And So So Powerful!

I didn't understand just how powerful GOD'S love was until I recently had extreme difficulties.  I was feeling lonely, and sick and I was really down.  Truthfully, I had forgotten all about John 3:16- "For GOD so loved the world that HE gave...".  What more can I say. 

How could I forget the scripture that every child learns in Sunday School.  But I did forget!  I wasn't feeling well, and I found that I just could not eat!  Now how positively sick is that!  When you can't eat, you cannot go on.  You cant' work, you can't sleep, you can't do anything that is worth doing, and eventually of course you will die.

Nevertheless, a few days ago, I sat down at the dinner table with my meal. I looked at my food with disgust and thought," I'm just not going to be able to eat this".  Then my sister walked in the room.

My sister and I never eat together because our schedules are very different, so I usually eat alone.  She is Saved and filled with the Holy Ghost.  However, she is not overly demonstrative about her salvation. She just lives her salvation as best she knows how.  Mentally, I personally did not even think that her type of Salvation meant much.  But God Abides, and He knows her and the presence of His Holy Ghost in her life is more powerful than I even suspected.

When my my sister sat down, she said nothing about my predicament, I don't even think that she knew that I was having a problem.  Instead, she was genuinely focused on troubles at her work place.  As she sat across from me, however, I felt the Love of GOD and His power radiating from her presence!  My shoulders relaxed and I began to eat.  The food tasted great and I ate everything in front of me! I actually felt the Love of God radiating from the saved Holy Ghost filled woman across from me.  And the love from that radiating, Holy Ghost power stayed with me the rest of that night and is still with me even now. And my sister still doesn't know what the power of GOD in her brought me through!